Palomar College - Learning for Success eServices Online StudentsCollege Directory | Contact Us                         

AB 540

  • To apply for AB 540 status:
    • Complete the Affidavit
    • Provide an official California high school transcript indicating a minimum of 3 years of attendance and graduation. Note: Adult School attendance is not qualifying.
    • Provide evidence of California high school graduation, if not indicated on the high school transcript or GED (General Educational Development Certificate) or CHSPE (California High School Proficiency Exam Certificate).
    • Complete the Palomar paper application
    • Return the College application, affidavit, CA official high school transcript and graduation, or CA official high school transcript and GED Certificate or CHSPE Certificate, in-person to the Admissions Office.
  • AB 540 - Effective Fall 2001, provides exemption from non-resident tuition for certain  students who have attended a California high school for three years and graduated from a California high school. 
  • AB 130 - Effective January 1,2012, provides private scholarships to eligible students under AB 540
  • AB 131 - Effective January 2013, provides institutional grants, BOG (Board of Governor's) fee waiver and Cal Grant to students eligible under AB 540.
  Back to Admissions