- The Professional Development program is intended to apply to
all full-time, part-time, and temporary faculty.
- Participation is required as a part of these
employees’ contractual responsibilities as defined in
Article 10 of the Palomar Faculty Federation contract.
- Participation is a consideration in tenure and evaluation
- Children’s Center teachers should refer to the Children’s
Center Handbook for professional development requirements.
- All Palomar College staff may register for workshops and
events on a space-available basis.
Development Workshops & Events Calendar
- A Guide to Faculty Professional
- Guidelines and Eligibility
Proposed contracts for the 2013-2014
academic year are due
September 15, 2013. (February
15, 2014 for faculty teaching spring semester only). Faculty must
confirm completed hours by May 15, 2014. Per
Article 10 of the PFF contract, there is a requirement of 72 hours
of professional development for the academic year.
- Palomar College currently designates 72 (seventy-two)
hours of professional development activities.
- Each faculty member is expected to earn an average of
two (2) Service Points per year through active
participation in one or more College service activities. Please
see the Service Point Guidelines as listed in this booklet and
on the Professional Development web site.
Fall 2013 semester proposed contracts are due
September 15, 2013. Faculty must
confirm completed hours by
December 1, 2013. Professional Development pay
will be included in the December 20th paycheck if the December 1st deadline is
- Professional development activities must occur during the
semester of hire.
- Professional development hours will be paid to part-time
faculty teaching any credit course. Typically, the number of
paid professional development hours is equal to one week of
- If a class is cancelled or if the part-time faculty member is
replaced, professional development pay for that class is
automatically cancelled unless the faculty member completed the
activities prior to their class being canceled.